$169.99 FREE Shipping
$161.49 after 5.0% checkout discount.
Rating: Not rated yet (0)
Product Description The iSpring #CU-A4 Ultrafiltration Water Filtration System utilizes State-of-the-art UF Hollow Fiber Technology, which removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa. Its certified 0.1 micron (comparing to 0.2 micron in Watts UF3) absolute filter removes bacteria and protozoa at a higher rate than accepted EPA guidelines. Google "CDC Ultrafiltration" and find that Ultrafiltration is "very high effectiveness in removing protozoa (for example, Cryptosporidium, Giardia) and bacteria (for example, Campylobacter, Salmonella, Shigella, E. coli) and moderate (mainly because CDC defines UF as pore size ranges vary by filter from 0.001 micron to 0.05 micron) effectiveness in removing viruses (for example, Enteric, Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus)".
It is estimated that VOCs (volatile organic chemicals) are present in one-fifth of the nation's water supplies. These contaminants can enter ground water from a variety of sources, including herbicide and pesticide runoff, gasoline or oil spills, leaking underground fuel tanks, disinfection byproducts, septic system cleaners, and chemicals used in the dry cleaning industry. The CU-A4 keeps you safe from these and other VOCs with its 4-stage filtration. Because it doesn't produce waster water and requires low water pressure, it can be used anywhere, such as the back of refrigerator or in an Recreational Vehicle so you can enjoy cleaner, healthier drinking water wherever you are.
Featuring a patent pending space-saving design that is perfect for both house and RV, this Ultrafiltration water filter can be installed in a matter of minutes. The package comes with one filter set that can filter up to 10,000 gallons or 6 months, whichever comes first.
- 1st Stage: 5 Micron Sediment filter that can effectively remove rust, sand, and solid impurities in water to protect delicate UF membrane. Cleaner Water Straight from the Tap and Refrigerator
- 2nd Stage: State-of-the-art UF Hollow Fiber membrane uses standard home water pressure to push water through a semi-permeable membrane. Suspended particles and materials of high molecular weight, such as bacteria, are unable to pass through the 0.1 micron UF membrane, leaving you with only fresh clean water and dissolved minerals.
- 3rd Stage: KDF media (or Kinetic Degradation Fluxion Media) with activated carbon. KDF itself is known to kill algae and fungi, control bacteria growth, and remove chlorine, pesticides, organic matter, rust, unpleasant taste and odour, hydrogen sulfide, iron, lead, nickel, chromium, cadmium, calcium, aluminium, mercury, arsenic, and other organic compounds. When used with carbon, KDF can extend carbon filter life for up to 8 times. It also adds a healthy dose of zinc ions to the filter water.
- 4th Stage: Post Activated Carbon Filter adopting fine coconut shell activated carbon with ultra-micron aperture, this carbon filter absorbs residual chlorine, organics, humus, and odor.
Advantages comparing to Watts 531130
- UF membrane: 0.1 micron vs. 0.2 micron, filters two time more effectively
- Swivel-valve vs. push-button assembly, seals tight with no leakage problem
- Annual filter pack: $59.99 vs. $74.99
Advantages comparing to Portable Personal Water Filters
- Finer UF membrane: 0.1 micron vs. 0.2 micron, filters two time more effectively
- Much larger volume and capacity: 2.5 inches OD x 10 inches vs. 0.8 inch x 6.5 inches
- 4 stages (PP + UF + KDF + GAC) vs. 1 stage UF
- Nice looking faucet and parts to be installed anywhere
Advantages comparing to Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Large water flow with preserved minerals and PH
- Capable to work at low water pressure
- Compact, No tank necessary, easy installation
- High end ceramic valve Euro style chrome non-airgap faucet ($36 value)
- Unique swivel-valve, push-button assembly that allows for easy installation.
What is included CU-A4 module (complete with 4 filter cartridges), Drinking Water Faucet, 3/8 inches Feed Water Adapter, 15 feet of 1/4 inches tubing, and manual.
Installation & Performance Data Sheet
Note: the performance data was from 3-stage CU-A3. CU-A4 is its upgraded model with additional KDF+CARBON stage that can remove 98% of lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals. It can also reduce iron and Hydrogen sulfide.
- Step 1: Mount the Feed Water Adapter to Cold Water Supply Valve under sink. Make sure O-rings are in place and no need to over tighten.
- Step 2: Install the drinking faucet. A 1-1/4 (1.25) inch hole on the counter is needed. Faucet stem is 3 inches long. If your countertop is thicker than 3 inches, please get a Faucet Stem Extender.
- Step 3: Remove plastic film wrap, twist the filter cartriges on. Insert the tubing from Feed Water Adapter in step 1 to the water inlet next to 1st stage on the right side. Insert the tubing from drinking faucet in step 2 to the water outlet next to 4th stage on the left side.
- Step 4: CU-A4 can stand by itself or be hung on the cabinet wall with two screws. While full of water, it weights about 7 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 4.5 x 12.5 inches ;
- Product Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B009AEJWZG
- Item model number: CU-A4